With increasing competition in various industries, in addition to high product quality and technological level, people will expect them more than just providing job opportunities and paying the taxations, people will expect them to shoulder the responsibility as a corporate citizen and promote society progress, protect the environment and ecology, help the vulnerable groups, participate in the community development and guarantee staff benefits, etc. In addition to excellent performance, an enterprise shall also shoulder social responsibility and become an excellent corporate citizen.
Caterpillar (Qingzhou) Ltd. has actively participated in the public welfare activities for a long time and has established good image as a corporate citizen.
- 2001~2006, Caterpillar (Qingzhou) Ltd. built roads and digged wells for villages near the company.
- 2004~2007, Caterpillar (Qingzhou) Ltd. donated education facilities valued about 100,000 Yuan for Yunhe Middle School and Dongguan Hui Minority Middle School.
- In 2008, Caterpillar (Qingzhou) Ltd. donated 47930 Yuan for Southern China’s snow disaster and participated “Helping the Disabled” activity.
- 2006~2010, Caterpillar (Qingzhou) Ltd. donated about 0.7 million Yuan.
- May 12, 2008, the Ms 8.0 Sichuan earthquake killed more than 60,000 people and made more than 100,000 people homeless. Caterpillar (Qingzhou) Ltd. quickly responded after receiving the news and advocated the staff to donate. Caterpillar (Qingzhou) Ltd.donated 803,000 Yuan for the disaster stricken area.
- April 14, 2010, Yushu earthquake also made great damage. Caterpillar (Qingzhou) Ltd. donated a loader valued 380,000 Yuan and all the staff donated 501,400 Yuan for the disaster relief.
Caterpillar (Qingzhou) Ltd.’s fulfillment of social responsibility won high praises from Qingzhou People and the government, and Caterpillar (Qingzhou) Ltd. also won great support from all societies, which lays a solid foundation for the company’s development.